Sun Valley Pavilion lawn. There is plenty of parking available in the Sun Valley Village parking lots. There is NO STREET PARKING ALLOWED.
Course Markings for all three courses
Course markings are used to keep runners on course and to provide a level of safety. Please pay attention to markings especially when approaching an intersection.
Markings used used for all three courses: Bold black directional arrows with yellow background and a “Turn Around Point”. Mile markers will be placed every mile starting at mile 1 and a “1 Mile To Go” sign at mile 12.1 on the half marathon course.
Half Marathon Aid Stations: 6 aid stations will be located at miles 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 12. Portable toilets will be available on course.
5K and 10K aid stations: 3 aid stations will be available.
Half Marathon Course reopens: 12:30pm - runners should average a 16.1 minute mile pace or better. You may remain on the course after said time but you do so at your own risk. Intersections, road crossing, and aid stations may no longer be staffed. If you do cross the finish line, you will receive your finisher’s medal.
Half Marathon Course Description: Course Information: For the safety of all participants, the only section run on the streets is the opening 1/2 mile, which ends at the intersection of Old Dollar Rd. / Elkhorn Rd. At this intersection runners will be directed to the paved City of Sun Valley path system.
A brief course description:
- The toughest challenge comes early. After a short descent from the start, runners will climb about a mile to the top of Elkhorn Road hill (approx. 1.2 miles); passing Dollar Mountain on your right. Be sure to save some energy by taking it easy on the hill. It is all downhill and easy going for approx. 3.7 miles along the Elkhorn Road path and through Elkhorn Meadows to the HWY 75 tunnel.
- At the end of Northwood Lane, you will head north along an equestrian trail (wood chips) which will intersect with the North Valley Trail system (paved). From here runners will follow the path to the Hulen Meadows turnaround (approx. mile 9.5).
- The other hill climb is located on the second half of the course at the base of Saddle Road at Hwy 75. The elevation gain is about 100 feet over 1/2 mile to the top of Saddle Road.
- A short descent leads runners to the Trail Creek path (paved). Heading north on the path runners will face some short rolling hills and views of the Trail Creek corridor. After less than a mile, a road crossing turns runners back to Hospital Way for the final stretch.
5K and 10K Course Description: TBA
Safety & Race Courtesy
- The path system will be open to the public. Please stay on the right and give a friendly shout-out as you approach others from the rear.
- Obey all course marshalls and volunteers and cross intersections carefully.
- Pass other runners only when it is safe to do so.
- No roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, or pets on course.
- Slower traffic should stay to the right and start at the back
- Please allow elite runners to the front of the starting line
- Personal music devices are allowed. For your safety and of those around you, please keep the volume to a level at which you can hear those approaching from behind and so you can hear instructions from course marshalls.
How to be disqualified:
- Littering – Please carry your garbage to the next aid station. Do not litter on the path.
- Cutting the course.
- Causing harm to other runners or putting others around you at risk.